The use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) is now getting specified in an increasing number of countries for architecture projects. But what actually is BIM? It is a method for the optimum planning, drafting, constructing and operating of buildings. This involves the digital networking and modelling of all of the requisite planning data. Based on that model, high-end 3D visualisations and a complete set of building documentation can be produced. Here are some of the other benefits:
- Greater efficiency and precision at every stage of the project.
- It is easier to perform a feasibility study.
- Planning security through fault analysis at an early stage.
- Seamless exchange of information between those involved in the project through the use of a shared set of data.
- Optimum cost control and dependable deadline compliance.
As a manufacturer of metal ceiling systems, durlum offers these in the form of a BIM library, as a free download for Revit on Autodesk. This means that our ceiling systems can be integrated directly into building models and can be customised on the basis of various parameters.